My Greatest Victory  

Posted by Ker Jean

KJ, stay strong...

Finally, it was sports day, but i still wasn't feeling really well, still having a bad flu, but i had to go on... I woke up at 5 in the morning, for i had to go to school by 6 for practise marching... This is insanity, i thought to myself, but what other choice do i have? Today is the big day!!

"Awas, masuk baris!!" and as usual, we fall in after our footdrill coordinator had given us the command... I have no inkling why i was chosen to be in the first line, but it was totally fine with me, i think it was because our footdrill coordinator had decided to proceed with the formation we did during practise...

The time had finally arrived, and the marching bagan. I was absent-minded at first, for i kept forgetting to check line, but later on i was excelled in it...^^ Thank god that Pn Joginder and Sze Mei's dad didn't drag their speeches, I know i can do it, i thought to myself... But i was so wrong, so wrong...

I began to feel dizzy, again... So i ended up squatting on the ground. "Stand up, KJ, you can do it!!" My inner voice was trying to give me encouragement, and i stood up... However, i couldn't take the stand, and i squatted down again... Is this all the strength i have? I thought, should i give up? But then, i felt someone was holding my arm... i tried to look, but i couldn't have a clear sight... All i know is that she's one of the first aid team... "Do you want to fall out?" she asked... I didn't know what to do at that time, but instinctively i shook my head...

"She doesn't want to fall out..." I heard one of my seniors said... And so she just gave me a sweet and some oil to apply on... I was touched!! "KJ, your lovely bro and your st john teammates need you... Stand up KJ, stand up now!!" and again, with all my strength, i managed to stand up and proceed till the end of the marching!!^^

I took as much rest as i could after marching, i was so exhausted... "KJ, are you alright?", "KJ, i'm so proud of you... You manage to proceed till the end!!", "Ari, KJ stood up, she has great spirit!" etc.. etc... I was like so proud of myself after hearing what my friends had said... You did it KJ, you did it...

It was time when we had to fall in again, and this time, it would be the final announcement of who will be the champian of the footdrill competition... I was so excited until i heard my friend saying "PBSM is the winner..." I was so disappointed... " Dai ah ko, i'm so sorry... I've done my best but i still couldn't fulfill your dream...", yet i know that somewhere inside of me, i haven't given up yet... I haven't!!

"The winner in the footdrill competition for the year 2009 is.... ST JOHN AMBULANCE!!!!"
What? I can hardly believe my ears!! We've won!! And i began to break down, i was wrong all the time, PBSM winning was just a rumour!! Where had my faith gone to? "Dai ah ko, I've won!!!" I whispered...

St John had won again!! Yeah~ However, the bad news is that we have to represent the school for another footdrill competition... Haix~

"Everyone, thank you KJ for sacrificing so much for st john, she fainted so many times, and yet she stood up... She was the only one who cried when we won, that means she had contributed a lot for st john, so give her a big clap...." I was speechless, it was my fisrt time receiving ovations form my st john teammates... i was appreciated!!^^

"Thank god for everything you have done for me, it's my greatest victory ever... In Jesus' name, Amen!!"

This entry was posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments