You've come back  

Posted by Ker Jean

“Ke Juin…”

I span to look around, for someone was holding my arm…

“Ke Juin, do you still recognize me?”

I looked at her, and by looking at her, I can see how desperate of her wanting me to recognize her, yet I failed to… I couldn’t think of anything at that moment… I tried to recall, but I still didn’t know who she was, not even a vivid memory in my mind… Who is she? I thought to myself… Who?

“I’m sorry,” finally I gave up, “Who are you?”

Still grabbing my arm, “Are you sure you couldn’t recognize me?” she asked…
I glanced at my friend who accompanied me to the restroom, and I can see that she was no longer patient… she wanted to go back to class!!

“No…” shaking my head… and again, I asked, “Who are you?”

Knowing that I had given up on speculating who she was, finally she said “I’m Xue Er, remember? I’m the one living next to Sze Mei, and also your ex classmate!!”

I finally recalled who she was... She was the friend of mine who was in the same uniform body, PBSM as I was… She was the one who taught me about the history of PBSM, how to tie the reef knot, and sat with me most of the time!! She was one of my good friends… How can I forget about her? Oh my god, all the time I thought I would never see her again, and now she’s just right in front of me, right here right now!!

“Xue Er? Is that really you” I asked incredulously, I couldn’t believe my eyes… Really!! She has changed so much!! I remembered that last time she was shorter than me, slightly short and stout… but now she’s about the same height as I am, and slim!! Like Shin Erl [also my ex classmate]… she has grown more beautiful now, so much different from last time… Oh my god, it’s really her!!

“I’ve just transferred to this school a month ago…” she told me, but I wasn’t really listening to what she said, I was too shock… Instinctively I asked “What class are you in now anyway?” and 4L was the answer…

“Alright…” that’s all I could say, and walked away, as my friend was already impatient… very impatient…

Xue Er, it is you… I’ve finally met you again…

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments