My Story  

Posted by Ker Jean

English Paper 1
Section B- Continuous Writing
Title : Begin your story with, "I was not sure why, but she stopped talking to me..."

"I was not sure why, but she stopped talking to me..."

I'm Seth and I'm a college student. My ritual routine was dreading my feet back home from school under the sun-drenched afternoon to take care of my little brother. Everything seemed never the Garden of Eden ever since my parents had abandoned us for no explicable reason, and I was raged with anger for their selfishness. However, everything seemed to turn different since the day I met her, Janet...

"I'd like to hear you play," I volunteered.
"It's settled then," she said as she pushed herself towards the piano, pulling me along with her and I was sat on the bench beside of her. She gave me a warm smile, accentuating her tiny dimples before turning to the keyboard, and started playing. The rhythm and melody of the music went with the flow as she her hand swiftly playing the piano. I was totally inspired by the music that it was incredulously unbelievable that it was only played with a set of hand. After she had finished playing, she will teach me some of the notes, and that was how we spents our days together. Little did I know that these days would not last, and little did I know that this will be my last time listening to the music played by the most wonderful girl in the entire world, until...

It was a late midnight when I trudged into my room and collapsed on my bed. Rain fell like tiny fingers tapping on the windowpane. I stared at the celling, with my head resting on my pillow, feeling bored. Abruptly, my mobile phone buzzed and I instinctively reached for it. It was from Janet! I was so delighted that she would call at a moment when I almost get bored to death.

"Hey, Janet" I called as I answered the call.
"W-why Seth," She sobbed, "Why are you doing this to me? I thought you were my friend?"
"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling confused, "What happened?"
"J-just leave me alone start from now," still sobbing as she continued, "I'm so tired..."
"But wait--" I paused as the line was being cut off. My mind was nothing but confused, perplexed. The way she cried had had my heart shattered into thousand of pieces, as if being penetrated by a sword. What does she mean? I thought to myself, what have I done wrong? Thunder striked like a fork and the rain began to accelerate. I tried a number of times calling her, but I failed, and that was the end for both of us, without an explanation, without knowing the reason why....

********************************************************************************
Basically, this is what I've wrote in the exam... Actually, I thought of writing and elaborate more to achieve the number of words of 500++, but unfortunately enough I didn't have the time to do so... I don't think I write it very well, but please do give some comments, k? Thx~^^

This entry was posted on Friday, May 15, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments